Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Summer Organizing Challenge #3

The kitchen supply cabinet has been done for over a week, but I'm just now getting on with some pics. It's actually a small closet/pantry.  There are only a few pictures at this time, but more will follow...I am hoping to paint, paper, or decorate further.  I'm loving the organization, but not the walls behind it...SNOOZE...white paint over paneling.  It looks so barren and plain.

The baking/pots cabinet is also finished, but I will have to post those pictures tomorrow!  It's getting so late these days before I have time for a post.  I know...quit complaining when I'm not even working, but I do work many days and I'm running my kids around like never before! 

There are so many projects going on right now I don't know where to begin...I started decorating/arranging my classroom already! So, pics will be coming when that undertaking is complete.

I don't like any appliances on the counter tops of my kitchen.  I can't stand clutter.  Never look at my basement or I will be caught in a lie.  My basement is a cluttered mess right now, but you know what they say..."out of sight, out of mind".  Although, that saying doesn't apply to me because I can't stop thinking about it.  When am I going to get to that monstrosity?  

Alright, back to the task at hand...the appliances rest in this "supply cabinet" that I have been clearing/cleaning out.  Also housed in the closet is the broom/mop, paper products, water bottles for our spring water tank, and dog food.

I like the idea of the wire shelf (you can find them all around my house) because they don't seem to collect dust/kitchen crumbs. They are very easy to wipe off and I just take care to sweep the floor underneath and it's that easy. I'm trying to label as much as possible so "others" who live in this house will put things back appropriately.  

Hand-held appliances such as mixers, etc. have a home as well.  It's very easy to grab them and use as needed.  I keep most of my cleaning products under the sink, but I like the idea of the sponges being separate and away from possible toxins.

The best part of this cabinet is that both of my kids have said at one time or another this past week that they love the convenience and organization of the cabinet.  So, there you go...on to the next project.




No comments:

Post a Comment