Monday, November 25, 2013

#6 Holiday Gifts Under $5

I love to have warm and cozy feet on cold winter days. So, it's only fitting that I offer that same comfort to my house guests. When friends, neighbors, and family come to visit, I put out a basket of new slippers as a welcome favor. The visit can be an overnight stay or just an evening gathering. Either way, it's a great way to say, "welcome".

More times than not in upstate New York, my guests enter my home with wet boots...yuck!  The offering of the slippers saves me a mess to clean as well. Plus, it's hard to enjoy yourself when you are wearing cold, wet boots all night.

I have slipper choices for men, women, and kiddos. So, nobody is left out.  I found these women's and children's slippers at a local department store for $1.99 each! Yes, two gifts for under $5.  


My guests are so thankful when I offer a pair of slippers and they are completely wowed when I say, "they're yours to keep".  

Making people feel welcome and comfortable is very important, at holiday time, and all of the time!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment